When you want your users to have access to a communal e-mail address next to their own personal address (e.g. email@example.com), this needs to set up. You can solve this by setting up a redirect or by creating an extra user with the communal e-mail address.
One user is responsible for the distribution of mail from a general e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Set up a general e-mail address (e.g. email@example.com) as a redirect or alias to forward all e-mail to one user
- Let this user distribute the mails to other users by changing the Owner of the e-mails to the user that needs to receive this e-mail. When you change the Owner of an e-mail, the mail disappears from the mailbox of the original Owner and appears in the mailbox of the (new) Owner. Tip: before doing this, set the status to 'Unread' and then change the Owner, zo the new Owner sees the e-mail as Unread.
- If the mail distributor user would be absent, other users can read the incoming e-mail through their tab "All Received".
Note: Use for this e-mail address the option to retrieve e-mail through POP and do not leave a copy on the mailserver. When changing the owner of an e-mail, it disappears from your inbox. When you leave a copy on the mailserver, it could be that Carerix retrieves the mail from the server once again because the e-mail appears to be 'new' to it.
All users are responsible for a general e-mail address
- The mail arrives in one mailbox on the mailserver
- Create a new user in Carerix
- Configure the e-mail settings as usual in the general e-mail address to read the mailbox on the server;
- Let the employees log in with this user information to answer mail in the 'general' inbox.
- Set a search profile in the tab "All Received" so colleagues can easily check the incoming e-mails on firstname.lastname@example.org. Set up the search profile as "To" - contains - "email@example.com".
- Create an e-mail template with a set sender address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your users if you use a Redirect option.
- Set up e-mail statuses in the inbox to optimalise the workflow (e.g. set which e-mail templates are set to Done/In Progress/etc, so colleagues which e-mails are or need to be worked on.
- Move e-mails to your own inbox or one of your colleagues by changing the "Owner" of the e-mail.