This two weekly Carerix release update is a pre-release note. We would like to give you more insights in upcoming changes and give you the opportunity and time to prepare/adapt to upcoming feature releases, updates and bug fixes. In two weeks from now this update will be live. In this Carerix Release (5.0.190) the following updates are included:
General Data Protection Regulation - part 2
On the 25th of May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation will be enforced. Apart from technological improvements to even better secure the personal data in our databases, we also strive to give you out-of-the-box tooling that will help you to fulfill your duties. After introducing the consent status two weeks ago, we now bring to you the Consent Period table.
Consent Period & Consent Expiry date
Within the framwork of GDPR different periods of consent apply. By law it can be required to save certain information for a longer period of time than agreed with a candidate when s/he was entered in the database. For example: if a candidate is employed by your organisation.
To be able to handle and maintain different periods for consent it will be possible to adapt this period of time (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2, 3, 5 & 7 years). The consent period will determine an expiry date, which will be displayed in your candidate profile. This expiry date in the future can be used to automate your GDPR process with triggers. It will be possible, for example, to send an automated message to the responsible recruiter that the consent of a candidate is about to expire.
Consent Status & Approval date available for search and displayed in overviews
The approval date and consent status as have been added to Carerix in release 189 from release 190 will be available to search on and will be displayed in the overviews for quick insights. One in this way easily can filter on candidates that have a revoked or expired consent status and handle accordingly
Update WordPress Plugin
We updated the wordpress plugin so it works with the consent date and consent status.
- Added the possibility to add a link to your privacy statement next to the checkbox
- Ticking the box results in inserting the consent date (today) and setting the consent status to 'Consent Given'.
What else can you expect from Carerix with regard to GDPR
In the upcoming weeks and months we will update the system with other feature updates that together with the date and status of consent will provide you with a set of tools that will help you monitoring the status of the consent and if the consent is about to expire, revoked or renewed. Next to that we will offer tooling to align interfacing software like your website with this new functionality.
What is already available?
- Anonimization tool to easily anonimize candidates in case they wish their personal data to be removed from your database
- Consent date registration field (interface & REST API)
- Consent status registration field (interface & REST API)
- REST API toolkit to set consent date and status during application (for (web) developers)
- Setting for Carerix Social Scoial Browser to prevent profile pictures to be downloaded while saving candidates (optional)
- Update of the Carerix WordPress Plugin to set consent date and status during application (available 24-1)
- Update of the Carerix WordPress Plugin to add a checkbox and a link to your privacy statement next to the apply button (available 24-1)
- Candidate consent period field
- Candidate consent expiry date
- Search lines for consent date & consent status
- Overview updates for consent date & consent status
- Triggers to send notifications to recruiters upon the expiration date of the consent
- Triggers to change the consent status upon the consent date
- Default white label e-mail template to ask candidates for (renewed) consent with automatic registration of result (YES/NO) and update of consent date if applicable
- Default white label e-mail template to send a candidate all information you stored in your database.
Carerix Social Browser: added support for VDAB
As announced late December per today the Carerix Social Browser - previously known as cxLinkedIn Browser - will be able to recognize candidate profiles on vdab.be. It will bring the same functionality as you know for LinkedIn & Xing:
- Recognize candidates in your database and show recent information on matches, notes, creation date, owner/responsible recruiter etc.
- Add candidates/contacts to your database (if allowed by system settings)
- Match candidates from VDAB on existing open job orders
- Add notes to candidates/contacts
Additionally it is possible to import the competences as are available on the respective tab. To do so one has to open this tab before saving the candidate to Carerix.
Note: Due to its nature and architecture it is not possible to store a direct link (url) to the profile page in Carerix. In stead we save the reference number. This unique ID will enable Carerix to recognize candidate profiles. The ID will be stored in an additional information field. To activate this field the system admin has to reactivate the plugin from the settings menu.
- GDPR | Added a consent period field to register the period that the consent is valid in the Candidate file
- Carerix Social Browser | Added support for vdab.be
- Carerix on Ipad| Fixed an issue with too small textfields causing view/edit problems
- Social Browser/LinkedIN| Fixed an issue with the SocialBrowser for LinkedIn not updating/importing candidates or saving information in wrong fields
- Activity Report | Fixed an issue with the display of wrong week numbers
- E-mail | Fixed an issue with incoming e-mails from Stepstone causing a screen freeze
- Source Match | Fixed an issue with the default source of a match not being set when manually created