This two weekly Carerix release update is a pre-release note. We would like to give you more insights in upcoming changes and give you the opportunity and time to prepare/adapt to upcoming feature release. In two weeks from now this update will be live.
GDPR Update (9): changed label names.
To better fit the entire GDPR we have decided to change terminology in the Carerix system with regard to the new privacy legislation. We focussed - rightfully - to a large extend on the consent part of GDPR. However, consent is only one of the six legal grounds that are mentioned in the law. Therefore we made some changes.
The six grounds that may entitle you to store personal information in your database (or somewhere else) are:
- Contractual necessity
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Vital interests
- Public interest
- Legitimate interests
To have them incorporated in the GDPR flow in Carerix we changed the field labels and all attached tranaltions from search lines to triggers.
What has changed exactly:
Field names (old/new):
- Approval date / Legal ground set on
- Consent period / Term
- Consent status / Legal ground
Search lines & overview columns
Search lines and overview columns have changed according to the field name changes.
- to search for the date the legal ground was registered, look for 'Legal ground set on' (was 'Date of consent')
- to search for the legal ground, look for 'legal ground' (was 'consent status')
- to search for the date the set term for the legal ground is going to expire, look for 'Expiration date of legal ground' (was 'Expiration date of consent')
Note: it is not possible to search for the 'Term' nor is it possible to have the term in the candidate overview.
For triggers holds the same as for search lines and column headers: they changed according to the field label changes. They still can easily be found by searching for 'GDPR'.
All other GDPR related functionality is changed according to the translation changes.
Consent email Yes/No links improvements + Go Live
Over the last couple of weeks the first customers started to use the email templates to register (renewed) consent from candidates. We got some valuable feedback from you and also from the technique so we were able to tackle some issues in an early stage. What we have done:
- Fixed a bug that happened occasionaly after clicking yes or no, resulting in an error message and no registration
- Removed the double footer in the email template
- Removed bold text 'Dear [first name]'
- Made some textual changes in the templates itself and on the default landing page
Added bulk actions to set Legal Ground & term
To better enable you to monitor your candidates after asking them for their consent we have added to bulk actions in the candidate overview:
- Set the legal ground for a group of candidates
- Set the term for a group of candidates
Once you selected a group of candidates and send them the email asking for their consent, make sure you give them a corresponding legal ground + term. This way you can monitor easily who you asked for their consent and set a timer to receive their consent, so you can delete personal information on time. Want to save time and further automate this process? Use triggers to automatically change statuses of candidates and legal grounds!
Smaller improvements & bugfixes:
- Fixed a bug in the configuration profiles that caused a read-only setting not being applied in the new wizard
- Fixed an issue with the fti-update script causing the display of wrong characters in Greek language
- Fixed an issue in configuration profiles with regard to show/not show panels on the profile tab of a job order