Experience is needed with CxScript, HTML, programming statements, debugging, and FTP use to modify and upload templates. When editing templates, use an editor like Notepad++, Sublime Text or Visual Studio Code to avoid causing errors. For more information, check the manual in your Carerix application.
Here you will find more information about Cx-Script.
Note: if you choose to edit your templates, you're doing so on your own.
- Carerix does not give training in template development, FTP upload etc.
- You cannot contact the helpdesk for email template debugging, solve errors, unless it is a template made by us
- Carerix does not fix or enhance templates you made or changed
- You will create your own backups of templates you choose to modify
- Carerix cannot accept responsibility for any inconvenience which results from templates you have modified by yourself
The same applies to the email header and footer.
We do offer the alternative of having Carerix create or modify templates for you,
order custom templates at our Customer Success Team.
Based on your specifications we make you an offer.
- Send us an example with the field names from Carerix (e.g. <NAME>, <ADDRESS>) in the layout, or send us a copy of a Library template, with specifications for customization.
- Specify the Files where to use the template, (e.g. Candidates, Contacts etc.)
Modify document template
- Go to 'Maintenance' | 'Templates'
- Go to 'Documents-tab', open the template
- Copy the URL and paste it in your browser address bar
- View page source (Ctrl+U), copy and paste code in editor
- Make your changes
- Copy the modified code
- Make sure the document template is set to the editor mode and not the URL mode and paste the code
Tip: when making an export template, it's best to use the following piece of code to make sure that the file will be exported as an Excel (.xls) file for example.
<cx:let name="fname" value="attachment; filename=Export.xls"><cx:header name="Content-disposition" value="$fname"/></cx:let>
You can also change this to a similar extension like a .csv or .rtf file.
This isn't possible for .xlsx and .docx files