This two weekly Carerix release update is a pre-release note. We would like to give you more insights in upcoming changes and give you the opportunity and time to prepare/adapt to upcoming feature release. In two weeks from now this update will be live.
In this update minor changes related to GDPR and several bugfixes.
GDPR update (10)
The term table in section for the processing of personal information in a candidate file is slightly altered. The following options have been added:
- More options to choose your specific period of time: To better fit all different kinds of GDPR processes maximum flexibility is needed with respect to these terms. Therefore, It now is possible to apply any period of time you want to use. How to? Read the instructions on the Carerix Help Centre.
- Indefinite term is added: Consent as a legal ground to store personal data is only valid for the period of time one has given consent for (agreed with your privacy statement). However, for some other legal grounds a term is not applicable. Example: Someone is working for your organisation on a permanent contract. The legal ground to store his/her personal data in this case is 'legal obligation' or even 'contractual necessity'. As no one can tell when this working relationship ends a term does not apply. To prevent candidates to become part of your GDPR process for consent and eventually to be put on the list for anonimization, the indefinite term is helpful.
- Default for web (for Wordpress plugin only): As GDPR comes with many different flows, routes and tastes we had to make a distinction for the system default term in case you create a candidate manually (via the Carerix Social Browser or directly in your system) and candidates that apply via your website using the Carerix Wordpress Plugin. If your website uses the Wordpress Plugin to integrate your website with Carerix, you have to define one of the terms to be 'default for web'.
Trigger: GDPR: Candidate date of legal ground (expiration date) is going to pass in...
We added a number of new time options to trigger upon the expiration date of the legal ground for the processing of personal data: 0 days, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, 5 days, 6 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 7 weeks, 8 weeks and 2 months.
News letters opt-in/opt-out
Until today it is possible to manually add or remove candidates and contacts from Newsletter subscriptions. In relation to GDPR this is not a desirable situation and therefore we have decided to make the opt-in/opt-out checkboxes read-only by default for all user roles with one exception for the Administrator role. Candidates and contacts should subscribe via a webform. A link to unsubscribe from the news letter should be available in any edition of your news letters
User Role Permissions: ability to change owner in case of update rights
It turned out to be impossible to change the owner of a file in case of having 'update' rights but no 'creation' rights. We changed this behaviour so the list of owners becomes available for change in case a user role has 'update' rights. This behaviour is applicable for all files in Carerix. In case there are no rights, the owner list becomes read-only again.
Smaller improvements and bug fixes
- Fixed an issue with large scale anonimizing occasionally resulting in errors
- Fixed an issue with Greek characters encoding